Monday, October 10, 2022

23. Mountain’s Top G.O.A.T., “Billy,” CLM, Bruce Mountain

Mountain's Top G.O.A.T. "Billy"
Lab Male -- 1/6/2021
Sire: FC-AFC Bo Whoop II
Dam: Kramer's Taste Of Brown Sugar MH
Breeder: Chris Royer
Owner: Bruce Mountain, New Virginia, IA
Handler: Bruce Mountain 


Bruce and Billy came to the line at 11:20 am

F – Out to the area, missed it, hunted tight and found his bird!

L – Inside left, cut in front of the gun to the cedar tree on the right, quickly stopped, turned left and got his bird.


Questionnaire
Owner Name: Bruce Mountain

Dog Name: Billy

When did you begin competing in Field Trials? 
2008

What made you decide to compete in Field Trials? 
I primarily enjoy hunt tests but I wanted to challenge my dogs (and me) more.

Who are your training partners at home? 
Dave Hemminger, Nat Heblin, Andy Mortenson, Jim Forneis, Andy Samelson, Brandon Smith and Allison Sinclair.

What is the origin of your dog’s name? 
I have raised Chocolate Labs for 36 years and all have been named Mountain’s Top. I’m 78 years old and since Billy will be my last dog, he will be my G.O.A.T.

Tell us an interesting story about your dog.
I had sold a pup to a friend years ago and he wanted another one. I was out of raising pups but I found him one in Kansas City. As I was looking at Entry Express, I saw this litter out of FC-AFC Bowhoop II and reserved 1st choice of chocolate males … a friend and I drove all night to Davidson Georgia and picked out Billy.

You and your dog have survived nine series of the National Derby Championship. You are about to come to the line for the 10th series with a chance to be crowned the 2022 National Derby Champion. What song and artist would you want to hear playing as the two of you come to the line? 
“On The Road Again” by Willy Nelson.