Monday, October 10, 2022

46. Supersonic Flyboy, “Yeager, “BLM,” Gary Mausolf

Supersonic Flyboy "Yeager"
Lab Male -- 1/1/2021
Sire: NFC-AFC Windy City's Mighty Mouse
Dam: AFC Watermarks What You Mean To Me
Breeder: Stacy Rick & Brad Knight
Owner: Gary & Cynde Mausolf, Tustin, MI
Handler: Gary Mausolf

Gary and Yeager came to the line at 1:01 pm

F – Out to the fall area, and got it!

L – Over the mound, right of the cedars, hunted deep right, 1 turn, back to the cedars and he got it!


Questionnaire
Owner Name: Gary and Cynde Mausolf

Dog Name: Yeager

When did you begin competing in Field Trials? 
2022

What made you decide to compete in Field Trials? 
I’ve always had a passion for Field Trials being competitive by nature, and I’ve been a fan of the game since 1987. I bought my first trial dog in 1991, but only had the time and resources to play the Hunt Test game and only sporadically due to my career in the USAF and raising a family. After retiring from the service in 2012, I got back into training and running hunt tests and eventually field trials when I purchased my current dog, “Yeager.”

Who are your training partners at home? 
Al Arthur and Bill Bailey of Sandhill Retrievers – when I’m not training alone at home in Michigan.

What is the origin of your dog’s name? 
I retired from the Air Force after serving 27 years as a Commander, Instructor/Evaluator Pilot, flying the supersonic T-38 and B-1 Bomber. General Chuck Yeager, USAF Test pilot, was the first man to break the sound barrier, and he was my aviation role model. Hence the name Supersonic Flyboy, “Yeager.”

Tell us an interesting story about your dog.
Yeager’s favorite thing to do when he’s not training is to play Frisbee with his Kong Frisbee; that and riding in the back seat of my truck despite having a brand new fancy 3-hole Ainley!

You and your dog have survived nine series of the National Derby Championship. You are about to come to the line for the 10th series with a chance to be crowned the 2022 National Derby Champion. What song and artist would you want to hear playing as the two of you come to the line? 
“Top Gun Anthem, Original Soundtrack” by Harold Faltemeyer and Steve Stevens on guitar.